FAQ on Details of Further Strengthening Control over the sale of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Infection Prevention Products on Alibaba.com
Update Date: 2021.11.17
Please refer to 《Announcement on Changes to Rules for Sale of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Infection Prevention Products on Alibaba.com》 for the announcement
Ⅰ. FAQ on Seller Type and Industrial Access Conditions
1.Who are qualified to apply the approval of selling Personal Protective Equipment on Alibaba.com?
Answer: To apply for the qualification, you need to meet all of the following requirements.
- You are a production-oriented company;
- You are a paid member, i.e. a member of Export Link, Global Plus, or Verified Supplier (or any other membership programme avalable and will be available on Alibaba.com)
- Your core business prior to March 30, 2020 was in relation to Personal Protective Equipment (non-medical Personal Protective Equipment) or Medical Consumable (medical Personal Protective Equipment), or you have obtained a membership on March 31, 2020 or later;
- You have less than 24 penalty points deducted from your Alibaba.com account due to violations;
- You have no serious violations pertaining to Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) or false transaction;
- Your business must be in good standing based on the information provided by the industrial and commercial bureau or the tax bureau;
- You are not an untrustworthy person identified by the any applicable Court or the Customs, and the legal person of your business has no criminal records;
- You have no overdue payments under any Alibaba financial products; and
- You have the qualifications required by relevant laws and regulations as well as Alibaba.com (as applicable).
2. What kinds of Personal Protective Equipment are required to have industrial access qualification/permit?
Answer: The following types of Personal Protective Equipment require you to apply for the industrial access qualification/permit (including but not limited to): masks, protective gowns, goggles, face shield, disposable gloves, disposable shoe covers, disposable caps, disinfectant liquid and solutions, disinfectant towel, infrared temperature, breathing apparatus, patient monitor, pulse oximeter and etc.
Please refer to 《Details of Further Strengthening Control over the sale of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Infection Prevention Products on Alibaba.com》 for the detailed scope of Personal Protective Equipment.
3. How to determine if the seller’s core business meets the requirements?
Answer: A seller’s core business (primary product) is determined by the record of our system prior to March 30, 2020:
- Your primary product type in prior to March 30, 2020 was Personal Protective Equipment (non-medical Personal Protective Equipment) or Medical Consumable (medical Personal Protective Equipment),
- or you have obtained a membership on March 31, 2020 or later;
The industrial access qualification/permit shall be subject to Alibaba.com’s review and final decision and interpretation.
4. What qualifications and materials should I have in order to list Personal Protective Equipment?
Answer: If you want to list Medical Personal Protective Equipment, you need to provide:
- Class Ⅰ/Ⅱ Medical Device Manufacturing License or other required qualifications at My Alibaba -> Certification Center -> Regulatory Licenses:
a. Medical Device Manufacturing License (Class II or Class I medical devices must be included in the scope of manufacturing); or
b. Other manufacturing qualifications required by the laws of the country/region where you operate;
- Product quality certificates: CE, YY 0469-2011, YY/T 0969-2013, or GB 19083-2010.
- If you do not possess the above qualifications, you may submit evidence to prove that you are on the whitelist of the China Chamber of Commerce for Import and Export of Medicines & Health Products (CCCMHPIE) or any other qualification materials accepted by Alibaba.com. For more information, please see Question 21 in the following FAQ.
If you want to list Non-medical Personal Protective Equipment, you need to provide:
- Business license, on which PPE manufacturing shall be included in the scope of business, or relevant product/business qualification documents required by the laws of the country/region where you operate;
- Supporting documents for production capacity (e. g. photos of inventory and production environment):
- Photos of bulk face masks;
- Photos of the production environment and production lines;
- The photos must be clearly identifiable, and your business license must appear in each of the photos.
- Product quality certificates: CE, NIOSH, or GB 2626-2006;
- (Optional) QS License or LA Mark.
- Non-medical face masks must be registered on CHINA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE OF MEDICINES & HEALTH PRODUCTS IMPORTERS & EXPORTERS' whitelist.
- Non-medical disinfectants and disinfecting wipes must be manufactured by companies which have obtained disinfection-related certificates from the local health department.
II. Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are sellers, who have not received the seller invitation, allowed to sell Personal Protective Equipment on Alibaba.com?
Answer: Sellers who have not received an invitation can contact Alibaba.com's account manager, provide the necessary qualification and apply to be admitted in selling Personal Protective Equipment on Alibaba.com.
2. Are sellers, who have applied for and obtained an approval, allowed to sell Personal Protective Equipment on Alibaba.com?
Answer: If you have applied for and obtained an approval regarding the necessary qualifications, you can list and sell Personal Protective Equipment;
If you have not applied for and obtained an approval regarding the necessary qualifications, you will be no longer allowed to list and sell Personal Protective Equipment on Alibaba.com.
3. How does Alibaba.com handle newly-listed/existing Personal Protective Equipment if the seller do not possess the qualification for selling such products?
Answer: Sellers who possess relevant qualifications should immediately contact Alibaba.com's account manager and submit documents to obtain the qualification.
Sellers who don't possess the qualification will not be allowed to list new Personal Protective Equipment. For products that have already been listed, sellers should remove relevant products. If a seller is found to have violated the rules, 12 penalty points will be incurred for the first violation and all products for sale will be blocked on search engines; another 24 penalty points will be incurred for the second violation. (If 48 penalty points are incurred, the account of such seller on Alibaba.com will be closed with no refund and such seller will be blacklisted).
4. Why are my listed products removed despite my application for qualification approval?
Answer: Submission of an application does not mean the qualification is approved or adequate, all applications are subject to Alibaba.com's final approval and interpretation.
Before or during the application process, if a seller is found to have violated the rules in processes such as transaction, marketing, and operations (including but not limited to 24 penalty points incurred for violations, severe violation in intellectual property rights, and accountability in transaction disputes), upon discovery or verification, Alibaba.com has the right to delay or refuse seller’s application for qualification.
5. Can I sell Personal Protective Equipment if my application is not approved?
Answer: Any sellers who do not possess the qualification or fail to obtain an approval are not allowed to list and sell Personal Protective Equipment on Alibaba.com. Rules are subject to change, Alibaba.com will notify you of any amendments in future announcements.
6. I want to sell Personal Protective Equipment on Alibaba.com, but how can I be certain if I have the qualification?
Answer: Manufacturing-oriented companies in the healthcare industry should provide Class Ⅰ/Ⅱ Medical Device Manufacturing License or other qualifications at My Alibaba -> Certification Center -> Regulatory Licenses. After being approved, the seller may contact their Alibaba.com's account manager to know more about the qualification requirements for selling Personal Protective Equipment on Alibaba.com.
7. Do I have a second chance if my first application for qualification approval has failed?
Answer: Yes, each seller has four chances to submit application for qualification approval. Please carefully check your materials before submission.
8. If I only have the qualification for selling either medical or non-medical Personal Protective Equipment, can I list both categories of products?
Answer: No, you cannot. Sellers can only list Personal Protective Equipment that have been approved. Please do not place your products in the wrong category or in multiple categories as these may subject to Alibaba.com’s penalty mechanism.
9. I have the qualification for listing Personal Protective Equipment. Is there anything else which I would need to know before listing the products?
Answer: 1. Please do not place your products in the wrong category. Products must be listed in the correct category; otherwise penalty points will be incurred.
2. The information on listed products must not contain false prices or false product qualifications.
3. Product description should not have any "COVID-19"-related information or other violations.
10. What are the consequences if Personal Protective Equipment are listed under a wrong category?
Answer: If any violation is found or confirmed, including maliciously circumventing qualification-related rules and maliciously listing Personal Protective Equipment under a wrong category, Alibaba.com has the right to impose penalties including but not limited to removal or deletion of the involved products, deduction of points, restrictions on using platform functions, and close of the account.
Please refer to 《Enforcement Actions for Displaying Prohibited and Controlled Items》 for detailed penalties for posting prohibited and controlled items.
Please refer to 《Details of Further Strengthening Control over the sale of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Infection Prevention Products on Alibaba.com》 for detailed rules for PPE products.
11. (Important) I have obtained permission from the platform. Why did I still get a point deduction?
Answer: You may have committed other violations against Alibaba.com’s platform rules. For example:
(1) The product description contains text or images related to the coronavirus, or implied meanings of it;
(2) The product is listed under a wrong category. Please follow the instructions specified in step 5 at 《Details of Further Strengthening Control over the sale of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Infection Prevention Products on Alibaba.com》
(3) False product qualifications are provided. If you claim that you have obtained international certifications such as CE and FDA in images or descriptions, you are supposed to be on the Name List of Medical Devices and Supplies Companies/Non-Medical Use Face Masks Companies with Certification/Authorization from other Countries released by China Chamber of Commerce for Import and Export of Medicines & Health Products (CCCMHPIE). Besides, the certificates you have obtained shall be specifically issued to the products you sell. Otherwise, you would need to modify such information. If the certificates are found to be invalid or inappropriate, or if any dishonest behaviors are found, all products in the store will be removed and 12 points will be deducted (in this case, your products and store will be blocked for seven days). In this case, you will receive a message for rectification from Alibaba.com. See CCCMHPIE's list at http://www.cccmhpie.org.cn/.
12. I have obtained permission to sell Personal Protective Equipment. Will this permission remain valid for all time?
The qualification approval will be canceled if you commit a major violation of platform rules (including but not limited to a cumulative deduction of 24 points or more, a severe violation pertaining to intellectual property rights, and liability for a transaction dispute). If Alibaba.com needs to tighten the control over Personal Protective Equipment due to the requirements of government supervision, laws and regulations, your membership and business operation on Alibaba.com may be affected.
13. If I object to the results of the qualification application, or if I have any other related questions, who could I approach?
Answer: You can contact your account manager or customer service.
14. When will the PPE qualification approval process last until?
Answer: The qualification approval process has begun on March 30, 2020, there is currently no specific timeline on when this process may end. Please upload the required qualification materials in time.
15. Is there a limit on Request-For-Quotations (RFQs)?
Only sellers who have obtained platform permission to sell Personal Protective Equipment are allowed to give quotes.
16. Are the control measures effective for orders that have been created?
Alibaba.com will conduct on-site inspections in the form of spot checks, inspections, etc. If any violation is found, the permission to sell Personal Protective Equipment could be canceled.
17. Will valid trade assurance orders be deleted while the Personal Protective Equipment are removed from the platform?
Even though a product is removed, paid orders will not be affected or deleted. However, once a product is removed, the product would no longer be found on the platform; there would also be no further trade assurance orders about this product.
18. I have received some new trade assurance orders for Personal Protective Equipment, which are waiting for delivery. What should I do?
Answer: (1) If you have obtained permission to sell Personal Protective Equipment, fulfill the orders normally;
(2) If you have not obtained permission and the orders have not yet been shipped, we recommend that you negotiate with the buyers for cancellation of the orders. If the orders have to be shipped, the products must meet the platform qualifications and national requirements for the export of medical materials. The refund/dispute risks arising from non-compliance with qualification requirements shall be taken by the seller.
19. I sell non-medical Personal Protective Equipment. I have passed the factory inspection and obtained permission from the platform. If I choose to continue the partnership with Alibaba.com, is another factory inspection required?
Your permission will remain valid until further notice. In case of any changes, the platform will notify you separately.
20. I failed the required factory inspection and I want to know the reason. Can I ask Alibaba.com to provide a detailed report so that I can rectify the issues accordingly and apply for a re-inspection?
We do not accept re-inspection if you have failed the required factory inspection. We will notify you of the result only, and no detailed report will be provided. This is explicitly stated in the Letter of Notification offered when the inspection service provider carries out each factory inspection. If you fail the factory inspection, we recommend that you apply for governmental certification or other whitelists verified and accepted by Alibaba.com, such as the CCCMHPIE's whitelist. Then, you can cooperate with Alibaba.com.
21. I am on the CCCMHPIE's whitelist, but I don't have a domestic production license because I conduct foreign trade only. What should I do?
Answer: You can provide screenshots with Certification/Authorization information of the official website to prove that you are on the CCCMHPIE's Name List, along with the international certificates (such as CE and FDA certificates).
(1) Provide acceptable international certificates and whitelist screenshots; or
(2) Provide valid Declaration of Conformity (DOC), test report, and whitelist screenshots.
Note: You need to satisfy one of the above requirements.
22. I sell medical devices. My domestic medical devices registration certificate (issued by the National Medical Products Administration) do not have a specific expiration date. Is it possible to pass the verification?
A specific expiration date is required to be shown on the certificate. Otherwise, you will not be able to pass the qualification approval process.